Requests: If you need specific information on this remedy - e.g. a proving or a case info on toxicology or whatsoever, please post a message in the Request area www.homeovision.org/forum/ so that all users may contribute.
Barbara Seideneck, Boulder, CO.
acording to Organon
2 of 27 provers received placebo
remedy unknown to the 27 provers
PHARMACY OF REMEDY IN PROVING
Helios Pharmacy, UK
Description of the substance
A homeopathic drug proving- now termed homeopathic pathogenetic trial- of the Amethyst
Eine homöopathische Arzneimittelprüfung vom Amethyst
Clarity and Intoxication – The Proving of Amethyst
Legends and Mythology
Artemis, the divine Greek huntress, was worshipped as the goddess of the moon, wild animals and hunting. Instead of marriage she chose eternal chastity and the freedom to roam the mountains and forests forever. Men who entered her forest were frightened away by her fierce hounds.
Edward Whitmont, Return of the Goddess:
The moon crescent and sickle-shaped sword occur repeatedly in the mythological imagery. They refer to the rising power of the feminine. The crescent moon is symbolic of Artemis (Greek goddess of the moon, wild animals and hunting), or Diana (Roman goddess of hunting and virginity), of the virginal, yet unrevealed mystery of emotion, of love,
generativeness, renewal, and change (p. 32).
In many parts of Greece, young women prayed to Artemis to be saved from unwanted marriages. According to legend, the goddess did so by turning each girl into a tree, flower or an animal. The ancient Greeks believed that it was better to be turned into an enchanted plant or animal than to spend the rest of one’s life with an undesirable mate.
The immortal Dionysus was angered one day by the insult of a mere mortal and swore revenge on the next mortal that would cross his path, creating fierce tigers to carry out his wish.
Edward Whitmont, Return of the Goddess:
He (Dionysus) embodies the play, aimless joy, and neediness of life, as well as the aggressive murderous lust for destruction that lurks in all of humanity (p. 58). Psychologically, the world of Dionysus is the world of embodied raw nature, of desire and of passion in its double aspect of rapture and suffering. ... It shows the double aspect of
sado-masochism as a primary inborn drive. This is the archetypal force, which Freud called libido (the Latin word for desire) and split into the bipolarity of Eros and Thanatos, life and death drives. Yet Dionysus represents the identity as well as the opposition of sexuality, love, violence, and destruction. To the sense of order and meaning, Dionysus opposes the rapture of losing oneself in irrationality, in pure emotion, in the drunkenness of passion, the
abandonment of the ego sense (p. 59).
Dionysus had taught humans to turn the juice of grapes into an intoxicating beverage called wine. The Greeks recognized wine to be a mixed blessing. It was used to alleviate pain and disinfect wounds. It also could make people feel happy and help them enjoy their festivals. Unfortunately too much of it could drive drinkers to irrational deeds and chronic abusers to insanity. In this light Dionysus was considered a god with a double nature. He could be kind and helpful and also terribly cruel and destructive. As the story goes, the beautiful young maiden Amethyst, a mortal, on her way to pay tribute to the goddess Artemis crosses paths with Dionysus. Artemis watches this and to protect Amethyst from the brutal claws of the tigers transforms her into a pure white crystalline stone. Coming to his senses, a remorseful Dionysus realizes the viciousness of his actions and begins to weep with pity. His tears fall into his goblet of wine and as he collapses in sorrow, the tear-filled wine soaks into the white stone. This is how the white crystalline Amethyst received its purple color, a mix of pure white crystal and the rich color of red wine. Purple has long been considered a royal color and the stone Amethyst is found in adornments worn by royalty and religious leaders.
The Greek word “Amethystos” can basically be translated into “not drunken.” The ancient Greeks believed the stone could protect one from drunkenness. This is why wine goblets were often carved from Amethyst. Throughout history Amethyst has been valued for many reasons.
Leonardo Da Vinci wrote that Amethyst was able to dissipate evil thoughts and quicken intelligence. It was thought to encourage celibacy and symbolized piety, thus it was considered to be the stone of bishops who still wear Amethyst in their rings. People in Arabic countries placed the stone under their pillows to prevent nightmares. In Tibet it was made into rosaries for its sacred relationship to Buddha. In medieval times, soldiers wore Amethyst as amulets for protection in
battle. During the Renaissance, it was a symbol of humility and modesty.
The color of Amethyst varies from pale lavender to very deep purple. Stones with an intense coloration and a high grade of transparency are most valuable to jewelers. Amethyst can also exhibit reddish or milky purple shades. It is mined in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Uruguay, Zambia, and other African countries.
It is a variety of quartz, found encrusted in stone in the form of a geode (small) or druse (large). It has a hardness of 7 on the Mohr’s scale and a specific gravity of 6.5. The index of refraction is 1.5- 1.6. It exhibits double refraction. The crystalline shape is hexagonal; upon fracture, Amethyst will break into conchoidal shapes. “Simply said, many six-sided crystals of Amethyst grow tightly packed in an enclosed space, splitting light into two separate beams, and if shattered the crystal breaks like glass.” –
Barbara Seideneck CHom, CCH, RSHom (NA)
Amethyst is largely made up of silicon dioxide (SiO2). It contains trace amounts of aluminum, calcium, magnesium, lithium and sodium. The coloration of Amethyst is primarily a result of the iron (Fe) contained in the crystal. It stays stable below 480o F (249o C); higher levels of heat can fade the color.
• Amethyst has been found among remains of the Neolithic period in various parts of Europe. The gemstone’s use as decorative stone has been dated to 25,000 B.C. • Egyptian royalty imparted some of their wealth to the middle and lower classes in the form of gold and Amethyst jewelry.
• The bible documents that Amethyst was one of the 12 stones adorning the breastplate of the high priest of Israel. The 12 stones represented the 12 tribes of Israel; Amethyst specifically represents the tribe of Dan.
• Ancient Greeks, in keeping with the Dionysian myth, used Amethyst to protect themselves from drunkenness. Drinkers would wear necklaces, rings adorned with Amethyst or drink from cups made of Amethyst to prevent intoxication.
• Hildegard von Bingen refers to the use of Amethyst in healing swellings and skin diseases.
• Precious and semi-precious stones have been associated with healing throughout history. Konrad von Megenberg, a 14th century scientist wrote that Amethyst “makes a person better, disperses bad thoughts, brings good common sense and makes one mild and gentle.”
• Amethysts embellish the treasures of royalty including some of the British Crown Jewels. A large round Amethyst adorns the British royal scepter, which was first used for the coronation of James II.
• More recently, the gemstone has been used in the jewelry of Catholic priests and bishops to symbolize piety and celibacy.
Amethyst – like other crystals – has been applied in healing for millennia. Many sources refer to a great variety of healing capabilities for this stone. The most common benefits relate to maintenance of sobriety; promotion of sleep, tranquility, meditation; and protection from negative energies and influences. Amethyst is known to be particularly helpful in transitional phases of life, providing calm and clarity during anxious times. The stone seems to have an affinity for the mental/emotional plane. It is associated with the seventh or crown chakra, the energy center connecting physical and spiritual realms. The literature about Amethyst indicates a large variety of healing properties. The stone is thought to
produce calming and sedating effects, to help with stress, tension, worry, anger, and grief. It is supposed to prevent insomnia and nightmares. It has been used to support sobriety, meditation, spirituality, concentration, creativity, psychic abilities, and the transition into death. Physical healing properties are ascribed to the following: nervous disorders, headaches, migraines, diabetes, lung problems, eye problems, asthma, allergies, sinuses, gout, blood clots, and impure blood. Metaphysically, Amethyst represents the merging of red and blue, symbolizing the marriage of the masculine and the feminine. It is also symbolic of the junction of the heavens and the earth. Generally growing in clusters, Amethyst is associated with the idea of relationship. It is useful in bringing peace, calm and clarity to situations of internal and external conflict.
The Homeopathy School of Colorado conducted this proving over a period of five years with five different groups of students (1996-1998 and 2000-2001). Barbara Seideneck organized each of the provings. Of the original 42 proving reports, 27 were chosen for reasons of reliability. Two of these reports were excluded as the provers were given placebo. The proving was conducted according to the principles of the Organon. Each prover kept a daily diary for one week prior to the proving. A supervisor was assigned to each prover; the supervisor took the baseline case on the day before the proving began. Provers kept written notes and contacted their supervisor as long as symptoms
developed daily, then less frequently. At the end of the proving each prover’s verbal summary was videotaped and all notes were turned in. Each group came together for a discussion after the video recording had been completed.
Helios Pharmacy in England prepared Amethyst in potency. The original source of the Amethyst is unknown. The substance was proved in potencies including 6C, 12C, 30C and 200C. The name of the remedy was not revealed until the last proving in 2001 had been completed and all symptoms were recorded. Only new and cured symptoms are included in the proving report. “Originally, I was mostly interested in the proving as a learning experience. Beginning
students had the opportunity to observe the effects of a remedy and learn to evaluate their skills in perceiving and recording. Advanced and graduate students had the benefit of sharpening their case taking, note taking and follow-up skills.”
– Barbara Seideneck CHom, CCH, RSHom (NA)
Themes Occurring in Dreams
• Small rooms/caves/compartments/underground/tunnel
• Big buildings/malls/supermarkets
• Windows, doors, openings
• Up/down (climbing, going down, levels, flying,)
• Water (snow, rain, ocean, wet, ice, boat, swimming)
• Groups of people (classes, schools, teachers)
• Old (old people, old friends, old buildings)
• Famous people
• Sick, infection
• Colors (red, white)
“After the first proving I became fascinated with specific themes of the proving, especially certain dreams and how they related so closely to the nature and structure of the Amethyst. During the proving one of my own dreams reflected similar dream elements experienced by a number of provers. Was this because I knew the substance or was I just part of a group experience? This is when I decided to keep proving the remedy to see if certain themes and dreams would repeat in unrelated groups of people.” – Barbara Seideneck CHom, CCH,
1. I was in a small room when hands were coming at me. I didn’t want hands to touch me. I tried to scream so that someone could hear me. Couldn’t seem to scream. Then I finally screamed out loud.
2. Had to climb down from boxes; going to a wedding. In a warehouse with steel shelving and boxes. Climbing down and to the left, toward door with light. Boxes filled with juice. Can’t let people with horse in to see me. But once to the door, don’t care if people see because I’m gone. Different day was doing the same thing again. This time, I was showing someone else how to do it because I was good at it. Realized I was part of a group. After second time, realized I wouldn’t have to do it anymore. Warehouse was at bottom of hill—underground. Woke up and thought it was between 1:30 and 3, but it was 6:09. Weird. Unusual. I usually know what time it is when I wake up.
3. Dream occurred a.m. I was running through a burning wheat/oat field of golden color towards a building for shelter. When I got inside the shelter, into a dark small wet room, I was locked in. This room was stuffy and of concrete walls and floors. Aliens came to take me from this room; however, I escaped and ran out the back of the barn through another golden field. This field was not on fire. Then I woke up and was super-tired. Woke exhausted from the dream and stayed in bed. Woke at 9:30 am.
4. I have dropped off someone at the airport and felt a sense of freedom. I had time for myself to go shopping for clothes, some sort of mall, which seemed enjoyable at first and then turned chaotic. Many people, it seemed dark, disheveled racks. I picked out a few items, but nothing I’m really interested in. The shopping seems to turn into more of an obligation, or something forced. I contemplate leaving, but don’t. Something is keeping me there. I look for a dress in a room for what seems like a long time, finally I find one. There is a waiting line for the dressing room. The dressing room area is strange. Cubby holes, no walls between the rooms, no barriers, just small. The one I get into, the mirror is set on the floor. So I have to squat down to see what I’m wearing. Another woman comes into my dressing room, which seems a bit threatening at first. She is a young, somewhat tough looking woman. The ice is broken between us when she asks me for my opinion on a vest. It’s dark in the dressing room and I can’t see the detail on the vest.
5. Shopping mall. Homeopathic books. Went home was living in a white house. The characters were bad guys. A friend appears and says I’ll protect you. Stand in front of window, and they’ll go away. Bad guys started to mess with car license plates.
6. Top row of seats at a theatre, but steep like bleachers in a gym. Taking person there to see if could get into dance class; watching person and teacher. Three people in red baseball uniforms with white numbers and name on back of shirt. The person I was watching was wearing a different color. Then studying; had just climbed down from loft. Same person was asleep on bed with light coming in through window. Dreamt had mucous in eyes, so wipe eyes and there’s blood on my finger. Look in mirror and scratch on sclera horizontal. Realized I was dreaming in my dream. Didn’t really climb down from loft and scratch eye. Big clock above person sleeping by the window. Clock said 11:16, numbers really big and really small. Felt I had to be a good example and felt I had...about falling to sleep because they were watching
me. Felt good when I woke up.
7. Water leaking into a building and I am playing an imaginary game with children.
8. Dreams of psychiatric hospital for adolescents, a big old building in the country. Full of unhappy people. Some locked up in wards; some trying to run away. Later I was back at college – big classes, lots of people, walking around campus. I also had a daughter at the same school. She was unhappy about her apartment. It also became her classroom and was so overcrowded. All her friends had seats up front and she had to sit way in back. She thought about quitting because the school was so crowded.
9. Going to the mall because of a famous rock band. It was crowded. We were on the upper level and on the lower level were guys from the band. Some guys from the band were floating on a raft in some sort of canal.
10. Husband and I flying on an airplane, like a toy airplane that landed on a beach. We left the hotel and went back. The maid was angry because we came back after checking out. The maid squirted us with a hose. Then I was shopping with my mother in a department store, where all the dresses were too short or too tight.
11. Went to work with husband and 5-year-old son. Worked in a huge old Victorian mansion with elevators and big stairways. Husband works in the basement and my office is upstairs. Chinese restaurant and bar with lots of people in the building. The son gets lost in the building. I try to drive him to the children’s center in the van. But we had to sit on the van like we were riding on a big animal. Couldn’t steer or reach the pedals, kept sliding on icy rocks. Went the
wrong way on the highway ramps.
12. Dreamt of being in a supermarket buying chicken. Got only half a container, which was upsetting. It was a nasty, dirty run down supermarket, like in Mexico.
13. Was in a supermarket with a friend who wasn’t feeling well. Made an appointment with homeopath and visited them at a booth in the store. Told her not to worry about money. Got hungry, sat down in an aisle and ate spaghetti. Worried about it being messy. While eating saw the friend’s grandmother walk down the aisle. She used some lotion and didn’t pay for it. I thought that was inconsiderate.
14. Dreams of a whole bunch of people in engineer training. Big classroom, big cafeteria, big shopping mall. Went on a bike trip up and down hills on a big highway. Get to someone’s big house with big yard and big kitchen. I’m trying to water the big lawns.
15. Dreams about fast running water.
16. Son went swimming in John Elway’s pool. I went to talk to John Elway (famous football player in the United States.)
17. Dreamt of snow falling.
18. I was with the Russian army in the winter on a frozen lake covered with snow with lots of people and vehicles. I was riding a little convertible sports car with the top down.
19. Dreams of ice hockey. About to play. This theme came up two to three times this month.
20. Flying over water and saw the words “Ben Eon” on a piece of nearby land. I was with mom. It looked like a map. I swooped down into the water and swam freely. No fear. Some flamingos appeared and started snapping at my ankles.
21. On an island in the ocean that had been used for weapons testing or training troops. Families had died there, falling down in front of their homes as if poisoned. Pictures of documentation like newspaper articles in a scrapbook. My husband and son were excited about being in a movie. We were on some sort of metal pier or platform that collapsed into the ocean. We swam in the ocean and then were riding on a big rubber raft.
22. Dreams of old friends, I haven’t seen in an old time.
23. Dreamt of an old friend and son and they looked older.
24. Went to visit an artist friend, not a real person. I had to go through large dark room, which had a bar in the middle. I had to go through and out back door. I had to go through a door and a window well. I never got to this person. I went to visit him again at a festival at an artwork booth.
25. At old piano teacher’s house, in bed in a dark room and the teacher was playing the piano for me. Other people in the house.
26. Last night dreamed of Princess Diana, alive. I wanted to assure her that things would be OK.
27. Watching a wedding of no one she knew. There is a big leafy vine growing out of the building. The vine went and grabbed my new mother-in-law and dragged her out of church toward the bride. Laughing in the dream.
28. Vivid, colorful. Best friend came before our class (student clinic), was deathly sick. She only wore a t-shirt and underwear. I felt sick to see her, but couldn’t do anything for her.
29. A dream of spiritual nature, speaking to my teacher.
30. Dreams of being with lots of people in a crowd or a party.
31. Had to do a presentation about a subject she didn’t know in front of a lot of people. Drove co- workers home, couldn’t see, got lost in the dark. Unusual for her to dream about groups of people.
32. I was at my old piano teacher’s house with a lot of other people. It was raining and dark outside. I was washing windows and closed one window where the rain was pounding in onto the floor. My sister was there. I was with a guru or teacher with a lot of others, and we were pondering questions. Image of a very large rough featured man, like a giant cowboy.
33. Girlfriend, daughter and myself go around town. The vehicle you drove dictated what tasks you did. I was in charge of deciding who got which car, keeping this in order. There was light coming through a door.
34. Dreams without much emotion. My family went to the moon. Traveled in space shuttle-like vehicle homemade. Told son not to go out. He went anyway but it was OK. We were out on the moon’s surface jumping around.
35. I rode a bike out to the highway, going west to look for an address that I would go to later. I was very big. Could look into second floor windows. But riding on the highway was scary. Cars going fast around me, I didn’t know where to turn off. Dizzy and afraid to fall. Big trucks almost push me off the road. I was on a very small bike and I was regular size with some people from class. We stopped at a rest stop under an underpass that was like a cave with rooms in it. I found something that I had left there that wouldn’t fit into my bike basket. Then there was a big flea market inside the cave/house, very musty and dusty. Other rooms in there like an old house. Dark bedrooms. Wandered around in it. Old painted dressers – pink with scenes from the Hobbit and fairy tales. Thought of calla lilies; was looking for a vase
36. Being in a VW bus and looking out of the window.
37. Taking out insides. Three red bloody balls.
38. Dreams of being stung by a bee.
39. Dreams of sexual relations with the same sex. Very disturbing.
40. Between 6-8 AM dreamt that my husband had a carbuncle. Husband was worried about it. I was worried about infection. The carbuncle was on the thigh.
41. Dreamt of skin peeling off. “And they did – many dreams of buildings, small spaces, upper and lower levels as well as dreams of groups and crowded spaces were experienced by all four proving groups. If you look at a segment of the geode, this is what you see – many pink to purple crystals large and small, high and low compressed into a confined space.” – Barbara Seideneck CHom, CCH, RSHom (NA)
Interestingly, the proving of Amethyst bore a resemblance to some of the traditional thought of healing crystals. The mental and emotional realms yielded the most significant symptoms. The remedy affected relationships, as well as mental calm and clarity. This sense of well-being and positive energy was countered by themes of confusion, dullness, and poor concentration. Some provers even experienced the intoxication theme from Greek legend – drinkers did not feel the effects of alcohol, while others felt “buzzed” without drinking. The dreams had some of the same themes of relationship (old friends, teachers, weddings). Other dreams were reminiscent of the Amethyst crystal itself (small rooms, caves, underground). In the physical realm, the head, eyes, nose, throat, stomach as well as female issues produced significant symptomatology.
MIND - Mental Themes
The symptoms below were derived from journals of all the provers who actually received doses of the remedy in potency. The symptoms have been aggregated into common themes. The text of the proving in its entirety will be available at the website of Homeopathy School of Colorado at www.homeopathyschool.org.
1. Snapping at people.
2. Cranky, irritable. It’s awful.
3. People are more aggressive with me. Argued with boyfriend.
4. Fighting with husband. Never has done this. Ran away for 10 hours without letting anyone know where she was going.
5. In the afternoon a little more irritable. For 30 minutes very irritated.
6. Irritability and impatience.
7. A little more patient than usual.
8. Very impatient with my son. Quick and tense.
9. Irritable with daughter and myself.
10. Irritable at every little thing.
11. Irritated. I have harsh language.
12. I speak loudly and create havoc with it.
13. Sharp tongue; got into bad fight with husband. I say whatever I want to.
14. No hysterical or irritated state before menses. My husband can usually tell when my periods begin because of my bad temper. (symptom free after remedy for the first time in 10 years - cured symptom)
1. People react with abruptness. Feel more awake. Nervous energy. Not sleepy after meals as usual. Getting a lot of things done.
2. Thinking more clearly.
3. Decision making with the remedy seems to help.
4. I seem really clear mentally. Really busy. Lots going on. Lots of room to handle it and figure things out. Felt able. (Normally I feel pulled in different directions and get frustrated when my mind doesn’t function. Usually can only figure out one thing at a time.)
5. Mentally very active, calm and clear.
6. Thinking more clearly, even the emotions are more clear.
7. Unusually busy all day.
8. More aware of myself. More mental clarity. Not quite clairvoyant. But aware of higher self.
9. Feeling open and clear in the evening.
10. Feeling much clarity and positive energy at moments. Vacillation of mental and emotional symptoms, feeling self-conscious at times, and at other times feeling spiritually connected with others.
11. Waking in the morning with good energy. Feeling very happy. Feeling really good.
12. Woke up feeling really good, tons of energy. Good energy, feel good, very active.
13. Was very busy at work, very focused, lots of energy, feel good.
14. Felt focused all day.
16. Something is about to happen to me, like male energy. Like a premonition.
17. Feeling that something dramatic was going to happen.
18. Pacing on the phone. Wound up.
19. Restless at bedtime. Couldn’t sleep at first.
20. Quick to answer. Fast talk.
21. Sense of acceleration – moving faster, thinking faster, but not anxious.
22. Feeling as if he had been poisoned before. Now mental awareness has returned.
23. Heightened sense of awareness.
24. Moments of buzzy, high energy. Occurred two hours after taking second dose of remedy.
25. Feels hyper aware of body and mental capacities
1. Since the remedy less in touch with emotions. Feels unemotional.
2. During call to supervisor, mental confusion. Couldn’t readily remember previous day’s ailments.
3. Couldn’t remember what he did the previous day.
4. Thinking feels slow, sluggish and dull.
5. Concentration difficult. Loss of mental focus. Mentally dull.
6. Had trouble counting while playing dominos. Something unusual for me.
7. Forget where I parked, felt disconnected. Unusual. I didn’t know which way to go. I found the car pretty quickly; stumbled upon it.
8. Strange feeling of being tired and bored.
Weak memory/poor concentration/spacey/mistakes
1. Noticed difficulty concentrating, not wanting to focus on paperwork.
2. I’m writing things on the wrong pages!
3. Spaced out two phone calls.
4. Spaced out feeling and irritability. Forgot to call supervisor for proving.
5. Mentally not as sharp. “Floating through the day.” Feels more mellow. Talking more slowly.
6. Seems a little difficult to concentrate because of fatigue and mental cloudiness. Difficultly focusing on calendar dates.
7. Scatter brained; hard to concentrate.
8. I do everything wrong. Constantly making mistakes as if my head is cloudy. I’m not smooth in my daily operations. My handwriting is terrible. I speak very “matter of factly” to everyone; I don’t care if I hurt their feelings.
9. I’m very spacey; starring out of the window.
1. Problems at work, owner uptight. Stay very calm with this (unusually calm).
2. Feel patient and calm.
3. Feeling anxious. Wanted to eat. Huge appetite.
4. I’ve become more negative towards others. Anxious feeling. Too much energy.
5. The remedy seems to intensify the fears and anxieties; makes me more aware of them.
6. Increasing agitation and some anxiousness. I feel a little out of sorts.
7. Anxiety about taking the remedy.
1. More sensitive to odors, which seem to give me a pressure feeling in the top of my head. The smell from books and a down comforter give instant headache. Usually sensitive but not this sensitive. Car exhaust and dirty air have been more intolerable than usual and have caused the same head pressure reaction in varying degrees. The headache was worse and was accompanied by an anxious, speedy feeling that lasts for some time beyond exposure.
2. Every noise seems to be amplified. Own voice sounds very loud.
3. Own voice seems violent.
4. I felt like I was turning into a wolf. I hear every little sound in or out of the house as if amplified a thousand times.
5. I can smell everything.
1. Drank 1 quart of 3.2 beer. No intoxicating effect. (This is something unusual for prover.)
2. Drank Fosters beer (one 25-ounce can). No intoxicating effect. (He usually doesn’t drink beer.)
3. Buzzed feeling, light headed, like being drunk. Mentally disconnected to what’s going on around me. I’m separate.
4. Supervisor remarks that the prover sounds intoxicated.
5. Feeling buzzed.
1. Depressed while talking to supervisor on the phone. Don’t feel normal joviality.
2. Depression set in. Overwhelmed feeling. Wanted to escape.
3. Depression all day. A gloom over me.
4. Unusual intensity with depression and sadness regarding issues with daughter.
5. Emotionally very sensitive. Crying over an animal on an environmental show on TV; not something that I normally do.
6. Weeping easily.
1. In the evening a creepy feeling like someone is watching me, or someone is behind me. I looked around and no one was there.
2. One hour after taking the remedy, I felt a sensation of something moving inside while I was driving. It moved upward; had a brief image of a spirit inside unfolding.
3. In the morning, sensation of being in an empty tube or tunnel scooping up light and colors. The world is coming in at one end and going out the other.
4. Images of “largeness.”
1. Feels sick when thinking about taking more of the remedy.
2. I don’t want to look anyone in the eye. My eyes feel like they’re looking downward.
3. Desires to be held quietly.
4. Persistent erotic feelings throughout the nap; felt aroused. Feeling center mostly around breasts feeling warm and full
1. Bent down, on rising from stooping sense that I could black out. Vertigo action momentary.
2. Sort of dizzy, light-headed, shaky feeling for about 15 minutes, like I’ve lost too much blood.
1. Pain dull across top of eyes. Dull headache with pain in eyes. Headache all day but gone by the morning.
2. Headache over right eyeball. Dull pain. Not relieved by nap. Continues through the afternoon.
3. Despite chiropractic adjustment got a headache over right eye and eye socket. Sharp pain.
4. Pain in right temple. Piercing. Continues until evening.
5. Waking with headache above right eye. Dull pain. The next day, drifting in and out of sleep. Headache worsening as the day goes on. Headache dull, slight and steady. Across front forehead and in right eye. On the fourth day, still has headache. Low-grade. Moved from across the eyes to behind the eyes. Dull ache. Mild continuous, steady. Not distressing.
6. Strong headache. Aching pain above and behind eyes.
7. Headache banded. Over forehead. Minor pain around the head from side to side.
8. Sensation of heat. Left side of head.
9. Lots of hair fell out in shower (unusual).
10. Sinus pressure. Dull aching pain. Feels like first stage of migraine. Started previous day on and off < night < right side above eye.
11. Had sharp pain over left eye like a knife above left eyebrow. Dull headache. (Not irritable with headache, which is usual for this prover.)
12. Shortly after taking third dose of remedy experienced flash of pain in left side of head. The next day, five minutes after taking a dose of remedy experienced a headache in the left side of scalp. Flash – front to back. Stitching, sharp.
13. Feeling funny. Sensing headache on top to the right front to back. Feeling buzzed; like alcohol.
14. Light headed. Mentally disconnected to what’s going on around me. I’m separate. Buzzed, could feel it down my body to arms and legs. Headache moving around. Stabilized, dull pain on top of head toward the front. Sense of nausea, subtle. Headache continues and moves to left side of head; temporal. Dull. Tension kind of headache. Headache stronger in left temple. Headache moving all around. Stabilized as dull pain in the top of head, towards the front. Subtle sense of nausea with the headache. Headache continues and moves to left side of head; temporal. Dull. Sensation of pulsation in the head. Energy is moving. Headache continues, mostly on top front to mid-point.
15. Burning pain in temples (this prover never has headaches).
16. Mild headache in temples (this prover never has headaches).
17. Headache all over with neck involvement. Took Advil. The next day, headache again with stiffness in back of neck and shoulder. Occipital headache that went up to the forehead. I usually get headaches at the beginning of my period but not after; and they usually occur in the morning on waking and not in the afternoon. The third day, feeling pressure mostly on top part of my head. The third day, slight headache in temples and forehead. Pressure feeling
continues. Head not clear. It comes and goes in intensity. The headache symptoms last 8 days.
18. Sensation as if I’m inside my head listening. While drying my face and bending over, I hear a hollow sound inside my head, caused by the friction of rubbing the towel back and forth.
19. A hollow sensation in the head while bending over and scrunching my hair. I am hearing the sound from inside my head, like my head is hollow.
20. Have noticed minor head and sinus congestion since I had the headaches on Day 5 and 6 of the provings.
21. Brief, sharp pains in upper head. The next day, brief, sharp pains on right side of head.
22. Headache behind eyes, forehead and temples occurring in the late morning.
23. Headache starts in the back of head and neck, goes up in the head on the right side to above the eyebrows, extends to whole right side; > with rubbing the neck, > with cold applications, > pressure, > lying down. Dull ache; > when keeping head up while lying down.
24. After taking remedy, low-grade, very dull headache starting in forehead region and extending into crown of head. Headache moved to top of head and towards the back. Experienced a sharp twinge on the left side that lasted a few seconds. Headache continues but only in the forehead area above the eyes. Dull ache.
25. Dull headache in forehead area, especially over eyes. Feeling foggy and tired. Headache worsening. The weather is clear. The storm moved through last night. Low-grade headache lasts all day and continues in the forehead area.
1. Eyes itching dramatically. Like a stick right in the socket.
2. Itching right eye.
3. Twitch in left eyebrow where the socket meets the skull.
4. Burning, a little gritty, a bit irritated. Itchiness of the eye, especially right corner of right eye. Look congested and vision feels a bit tired and blurry.
5. Eyes feeling dry and a little gritty.
6. Eyes burning.
7. Eyes sensitive to light.
8. Right eye itchy. The next day both eyes itchy.
9. Both eyes are itchy this morning. Eyes very itchy. Feels better to rub them. My eyes are REALLY red. Symptoms last for about 15 minutes. Eyes got better after a hot shower.
10. Eyes feel very heavy.
11. Vision foggy. Sensation of film across eye.
1. Hot right ear.
2. Tingling in left ear.
3. Piercing pain in both ears like dull pencils being driven in.
4. Pressure on ears and congestion. Three days later slight congestion with more fluid in ears.
5. Pain in right ear like an insect, seconds of pain. Milder in left ear. Boring pain. Pain behind both ears. First right then left. The next day, brief, sharp pains in right ear. Pain in right ear continues to third day, it vibrates.
6. Brief throbbing in both ears, worse on the right. Noticeable sensation, but not a bad pain.
7. Woke up with shooting pain in my left ear. Pain in left ear continues intermittently.
8. Lobes of ears dry.
1. Heightened sense of hearing, on and off during first four days of proving. While listening to music I can hear the high-pitched percussion sounds extremely well, especially the triangle, it stands out much more than usual. Sitting quietly in car hearing white noise very intensely as if I could hear the vibration of electrical wires and everything around me (like the plastic in the car, the concrete outside). I feel like screaming because there is no way to escape this crazy buzzing. Acute awareness of high-pitched constant sound from down the street coming through an open window.
2. My ear feels very open to the sound coming in, like there is no filter. Heightened hearing awareness for sounds coming in through the window. Someone in the distance is pushing a shopping cart and it sounds very sharp.
3. Heightened hearing upon drying hair with a towel; rubbing.
1. Noticeable smell of manure.
2. Pressure from sinus headache. Lots of watery discharge. Sinuses so full that passage feelsnarrow.
3. Frequent sneezing in morning.
4. Constant post nasal drip but don’t have a cold. Spitting all day. Not feeling sick.
5. Stuffy when waking up.
6. Twitch at root of nose on the left side.
7. Running nose: clear, watery drips from end of nose, lasting one hour. Two days later, nose runny with nausea.
8. A general feeling that my acute sense of smell is increasing.
9. Heightened sense of smell, on and off. The next day, sense of smell heightened at times. Smells, which are not pleasant or agreeable, are ranging from mildly pungent to intolerable. Like neighbors barbeque, smell from clothes dryer, car exhaust, fast food and the air.
10. Three huge sneezes. Sniffly and itchy nose. Drips into the back of the throat. An hour later sneezes again. Eyes itchy. Nose very itchy. Post-nasal drip down back of throat. Another hour later, nose not sniffly, just draining into throat. Symptom lasted until 11 am. Then the symptom returns at 16:30 when I took the second dose.
11. Nose sniffly again, followed the next day by post-nasal drip, scratchy throat, > while in the steam room. On the third day sneezing, out came yellowish thick green mucous. Lots of post-nasal drip. On the fourth day post-nasal drip, have to swallow. < in am, > in pm.
12. Driving to work, big globs of mucous, post-nasal in the throat and couldn’t get it out. Then ate at 9:15 and the mucous cleared out.
13. Nose stuffy in am and worse pm. The next day, nose dry, inside nostrils, like I inhaled a bunch of dust.
1. Two small pimples on right forehead and left check bone. They were gone the next day.
2. Small pimple on right jaw. It was gone the next day
3. Heat sensation in face.
4. Sensation of flush in face, but it wasn’t discolored. Forehead around to temple. Tingling in face; in general like after dentist over most of body.
5. Pain/pressure in the face just below the eyes.
6. In the morning, pressure in forehead about nose that passed quickly.
1. Wine didn’t taste sweet. Salsa tasted terrible, normally craves spicy. Tasted too spicy, didn’t like that taste.
2. Food didn’t taste quite as flavorful.
3. Spit felt thicker.
4. Saliva acrid and burning.
5. Gums swollen, left side, top, lasting to following day.
6. Burning sensation, right side of lower lips as if I’d eaten something spicy. An hour later, numbness at mouth, both lips and top of tongue.
7. Bitter taste, tip of tongue. Lots of saliva.
8. Dry mouth but thirstless during cold symptoms.
9. One hour after taking remedy, increased saliva in the mouth; swallowing a lot.
1. Teeth hurt all day; both sides; upper and lower. Feels like there is a coating on teeth, especially with sweets and even with fruit. Makes me want to brush my teeth. > rinsing. > vegetables. > toast. > hot water. Teeth very sensitive even without sweet.
2. While eating suddenly a metallic taste. Feel like I can taste the fillings in my teeth.
3. Tight molars, achy.
1. Swelling in esophagus after eating cookies.
2. Throat feels swollen. Hard to swallow.
3. Began to notice something in my throat like the glands were swollen. The next day, still noticing my throat in the same way. It’s very unusual for me to get throat symptoms.
4. Swollen glands. The next day throat is slightly sore. Two days later, dry, tickling throat.
5. Throat sore and scratchy. Better warm drink. Better lying down.
6. Scratchy throat, has to clear a lot and that makes it feel better. Symptom lasted until 11 am. Then the symptoms return at 16:30 when she took the second dose. One half hour after taking the remedy the scratchy throat returns; must clear throat all day. Woke from nap with a scratchy throat (remedy taken at 15:15). The next day, woke in the morning with dry throat, scratchy, feeling dusty. Better with clearing and swallowing. Better drinking hot tea. Better moving about. Better in general. The throat symptoms were gone by the sixth day.
7. Feels like the swallowing mechanism is not working; feels like food is staying in her throat after swallowing.
8. Small tickle in throat that made me cough once, it never came back.
9. Having to clear throat.
10. Slight symptoms of sore throat.
11. Sore throat around 4 PM > drinking cool fluids. > massaging neck. At the same time has greenish mucous in the nose. The next day, wakes with sore, dry throat, not painful, just irritating. Lots of yellow mucous. Spitting out the mucous. > cool drinks > massaging throat, > 10:30 AM.
12. Dry throat, really thirsty, on waking and retiring. Spit out mucous 6-7 times today. Two days later, dry throat and have been drinking quite a lot of water. Did not urinate frequently today. The dryness continues for two more days.
• Spot on neck with weak twinge of pain on left side. Spot sore for a short time.
1. Sudden nausea.
2. Nervous stomach. Burning, turned sour. Acidic feeling. The next morning, nervous rushing to center of stomach.
3. Thirsty all day. Drank 3.5 liters.
4. Very mild nausea almost immediately after taking first dose of the remedy. Took 3rd dose of remedy and again experienced mild nausea, like a bubbling or churning in stomach.
5. Empty, little nauseous, and pressure at center of sternum.
6. Appetite diminished. Not hungry.
7. Mild sense of having to vomit, a passing thing.
8. Mild nausea (prover has never had stomach problems) during the first three days of the proving. Nausea started 15 minutes after taking the remedy. Nausea better after eating a bowl of chicken soup (normally doesn’t eat this time of day; went to great effort to get the soup). Has aversion to eat the soup but does so anyway.
9. Thirstlessness and appetite decreased during first six days of proving.
10. Nausea during yoga with muscle shaking and weakness.
11. Mild acidic feeling located below the sternum.
12. Thirst increased.
1. Gas in the afternoon. The next day more gas.
2. Woke with gurgling in the lower left abdomen, lasting 30 minutes.
3. Sour smelling gas; haven’t eaten any foods that usually give me gas.
1. More bowel movements. Going to the bathroom a lot.
2. Spasms in rectum. Felt like having ball in butt. Lasted two minutes. Incapacitating pain. Felt nauseous during it. After lying on floor in pain, gone in two minutes.
3. Constipation. Passes only hard balls. Stool like sheep dung. Little pellets. Symptoms last two days.
• Urination decreased by 50%, lasting two days.
1. Sexual desire increased since taking remedy, lasting 3 days.
2. Sex drive completely gone.
1. Sex on back burner, so irritable.
2. Severe cramps in uterus. Sudden onset. On a scale of 1-10, these cramps were a 10 in severity. (This prover usually has extremely painful periods and after the remedy she had her first painless period ever.)
3. Menstruation – not as irritated as usual.
4. Vaginal discharge – stringy like cloudy egg whites.
5. Bleeding during menses increased.
6. Very mild contraction of uterus during menses.
7. Pelvic floor feels warm, somewhat burning; lasts for about 10 minutes.
8. Sensation on right side of labia has a tightening, rubbed feeling. Like I’m going to get herpes.
9. Increased sexual energy, arousal in genital area. Pulsating sensation in vulva and clitoral area, on and off for 10 min.
10. I have a very itchy spot on my pubic bone. Red spots on pubic bone, under hair, itching; better with scratching. This lasts 4 days.
11. Relaxation of vagina with bubbly feeling inside. Sexual desire is low.
12. There is a feeling of swelling under the hair. Sensation as if I can feel every hair. High sexual desire.
13. Period started 3 days late. No cramping in lower abdomen or lower back, which she usually gets.
14. Period starts one day early. Cramps worse than usual.
1. Constriction and tightness with breathing. Pressure on inhalation. Need to make an effort to inhale.
2. Lungs dry when walking up hill, breathing difficult, has to stop to breath
1. Cough while lying in bed in the morning, lasted 10-15 minutes.
2. A little cough from tickle in throat. Woke from nap with a dry cough and tickle in throat. The next day, dry cough; makes throat raw. Cough like choking on the third day. Went out in the cold weather and coughed a lot. Dry, choking cough. Tried to cough deeply but throat would close. The cough lasts 5 days.
1. Empty sensation, little nausea, and pressure at center of sternum. The next day, minute amount of pressure on the chest, lower than armpit level. Lower end of sternum; upper epigastrium.
2. Empty feeling extending to abdomen.
3. Brief, slight fluttering feeling in the heart. Breasts feeling tender, slightly swollen, lasting about a week (Usually happens before menses but this isn’t the right time.) The third day, a short period of uneasiness in my heart. Aware of it beating harder than usual.
4. Occasionally shooting pain right breast, shooting from outside towards nipple. Has occurred about six times today, very quickly. The next day, same quick shooting pain on right breast as yesterday. Feel it about every 10 minutes.
5. Congested tight feeling in upper abdominal and lower chest and below the sternum.
6. My heart is pounding. Felt it the next day also
7. Not time for menses, breasts feeling thick. Husband noticed that they were swollen. This continues to next day.
8. Heaviness in the chest, followed by a sharp, stitching pain like a needle; 3 inches down from the collar bone. First the left side then the right then back to left. Lasted until 6 pm. Worse pressure. Later, chest pain again, size of tennis ball. Better erect, but worse on rising.
1. Spine stiff.
2. Back pain, lasting six days.
3. Tingling on each side of spine, mid-back, between shoulder blades. Sensation comes and goes. Two or three hours later, muscles on left side, mid-back, contracting and warm. Neck tight. Then, two days later, tingling sensation on both sides of mid-back.
4. I feel tense in the middle of my back (unusual for me).
5. On waking have back pain between spine and shoulder blade on right side. Very tight, stabbing, hurting very bad. Can’t go to work. Can get this, but never this bad and usually on both sides. Cold applications helped a little.
6. Stiffness, discomfort of low back; followed by coolness running up my back. Upper back stiff three days later
1. Weakness and tiredness in shoulders and arms; weak and slightly painful.
2. Sensation on top of right foot. Felt weak.
3. Clumsiness. Dropped cap while screwing on laundry detergent bottle. Five days later, dropped toilet seat. Usually careful.
4. Numbness in left arm, left thumb and fingers.
5. Buzzed, could feel it down the body, arms and legs.
6. Light numbness in hands and fingers. The next day, numbness in hands and fingers. < left side.
7. Feet feeling burning, dry, uncomfortable and full.
8. A pin-point of burning pain that comes up from time to time for a few days. It occurs on the top of my right ankle where it bends into my right foot. There’s nothing showing. I’ve never had this before.
9. Bright red patches, streaks on inside of knees. Starting at bend, going outwards toward the front. Slightly raised, about one inch wide. Itching and burning. Six days later, red patches on knees almost gone, but now slowly returning.
10. Shortly after taking remedy, brief tingling, pins and needles in right arm. Later, brief sharp pains in right leg – knee and above. Feet itch. The next day, brief, sharp pain on right side.
11. At midnight, noticed swelling of the feet from the base of the toes up to the bend in the foot. Feet look fat and stubby. I’ve never had anything like this. The swelling lasts two days.
12. Ankles and feet feel thick and swollen.
1. More groggy than usual upon rising.
2. Sleeplessness between 2:30 and 5:30 am.
3. Sleep disturbed. Difficult to go to sleep. Needed to take naps.
4. Couldn’t sleep (unusual). Took over two hours to fall asleep, not because of thoughts. The body was tired, the mind was awake.
5. Still awake, can’t fall asleep. It’s windy outside and that’s agitating me. It’s hard to stay still or find a comfortable position. I’m not going to repeat the remedy.
6. Took a nap one hour after taking remedy. Usually can’t nap.
7. Can’t fall asleep; it’s windy outside and that’s agitating me. It’s hard to stay still or find a comfortable position. I’m not going to repeat the remedy.
1. Burning rash on shoulders and on both sides of breasts. Spots on left side of neck.
2. Rash on neck. Bumps on arms. Rash all over neck and back. Rash blotchy, raised, brownish- pink spreading on shoulder.
3. Itch on right arm near elbow.
4. Skin became drier, itchy (skin normally very oily).
5. Rash on neck.
6. Dry nose, lips and skin.
1. Craves lemonade and orange juice.
2. Strong desire for chocolate, like it is obsessive, can’t stop. Ate lots of M&Ms.
3. Ate lots of chocolate, obsessive for the entire week. (This is an entirely new symptom.)
4. Crave watermelon.
5. I only enjoy things that are soothing and gentle. Don’t like sharp tastes in the food.
1. Wave of heat – torso and arms.
2. Hot, cold and tingling sensation all at the same time. > walking.
3. Felt very chilled. Needed sweater. Felt very sleepy. Laid down and didn’t sleep. Later on got very warm.
4. Feel hot but puts on socks and wool sweater.
5. Feel cold and desire salt.
6. Very cold in the evening before going to bed. I need to use two blankets.
1. Unusually good energy with her periods.
2. Felt fine in the sun, which was strange.
3. Tons of energy, anxious and jittery.
4. Have more physical energy. Going and going and not feeling tired.
5. Light headed, weak, like I hadn’t had any food, but had eaten two hours before. Almost dizzy and some nausea. > exercising.
6. Felt good but expected otherwise because there was a change in the weather (cured symptom).
7. Tiredness, came and went quickly.
8. Sitting quietly in car hearing white noise very intensely as if I could hear the vibration of electrical wires and everything around me (like the plastic in the car, the concrete outside). I feel like screaming because there is no way to escape this crazy buzzing.
9. Moments of buzzy, high energy. Occurred two hours after taking second dose of remedy.
10. First after the remedy felt more energetic, then starting on day 6 I feel exhausted.
11. Have energy. Want to walk to places instead of driving.
12. High energy; wants to do lots of projects.
13. Energy low all day. Feels quiet.
14. Tired all day; yawned all day. Wife had to drive. Feel asleep in the car. Woke up exhausted from the nap. Never felt like this before.
15. Woke up exhausted as if I took sleeping pills.
16. Waking at 7 am feeling refreshed, which is unusual for me.
• Right-sided sharp pains.
1. Tingling sensation throughout body.
2. Shakiness after lunch. Felt shaky all over: stomach, legs, arms; heart rate is increased also.
3. Tremors inside whole body, like an engine revving in neutral. Lasted for one hour, whole body shaking.
MIND - ABRUPT, rough
MIND - ALERT
MIND - ANIMALS - love for animals
MIND - ANSWERING - hastily
MIND - ANXIETY
MIND - ANXIETY - walking - amel.
MIND - AWARENESS heightened
MIND - AWARENESS heightened - body; of
MIND - AWARENESS heightened - thoughts and feelings; of
MIND - BUSY
MIND - CHEERFUL - waking, on
MIND - CLAIRVOYANCE
MIND - CLARITY of mind
MIND - COMPANY - aversion to
MIND - COMPANY - aversion to - pains; with the
MIND - CONCENTRATION - difficult
MIND - CONCENTRATION - difficult - calculating, while
MIND - CONCENTRATION - difficult - talking, while
MIND - CONCENTRATION - difficult - working, while
MIND - CONCENTRATION - difficult - writing, while
MIND - CONFIDENCE - want of self-confidence
MIND - CONFUSION of mind
MIND - CONFUSION of mind - identity, as to his - duality, sense of
MIND - CONFUSION of mind - intoxicated - as if
MIND - CONFUSION of mind - loses his way in well-known streets
MIND - DANCING
MIND - DELUSIONS - animals - she is an animal
MIND - DELUSIONS - attacked; being
MIND - DELUSIONS - drunk - is drunk; he
MIND - DELUSIONS - enlarged
MIND - DELUSIONS - enlarged - body is
MIND - DELUSIONS - hunted, he is
MIND - DELUSIONS - large - he himself seems too
MIND - DELUSIONS - looked down upon; she is
MIND - DELUSIONS - poisoned - he - has been
MIND - DELUSIONS - separated - body - mind are separated; body and
MIND - DELUSIONS - separated - world; from the - he is separated
MIND - DELUSIONS - walking - behind him; someone walks
MIND - DELUSIONS - watched, she is being
MIND - DULLNESS
MIND - DWELLS - past disagreeable occurrences, on
MIND - ENNUI, tedium
MIND - ESCAPE, attempts to
MIND - ESCAPE, attempts to - run away, to
MIND - EXCITEMENT
MIND - FEAR - happen, something will
MIND - FORGETFUL - streets, of well-known
MIND - HEAVINESS; sensation of
MIND - HELD - desire to be held
MIND - HURRY, haste - movements, in
MIND - HYSTERIA - menses - before
MIND - IMPATIENCE
MIND - IMPATIENCE - children; about his
MIND - IMPATIENCE - trifles, about
MIND - INDIFFERENCE, apathy
MIND - INDIFFERENCE, apathy - business affairs, to
MIND - INDIFFERENCE, apathy - others, toward
MIND - INDUSTRIOUS, mania for work
MIND - INTUITIVE
MIND - IRRESOLUTION, indecision
MIND - IRRITABILITY
MIND - IRRITABILITY - afternoon
MIND - IRRITABILITY - children, towards - own; his
MIND - IRRITABILITY - himself; with
MIND - IRRITABILITY - husband; towards
MIND - IRRITABILITY - menses - before
MIND - IRRITABILITY - people; with
MIND - IRRITABILITY - trifles, from
MIND - IRRITABILITY - waking, on
MIND - MATHEMATICS - inability for - calculating
MIND - MEMORY - weakness of memory - do; for what was about to
MIND - MEMORY - weakness of memory - happened, for what has
MIND - MEMORY - weakness of memory - objects; for where he has put
MIND - MENSES - before; mental symptoms
MIND - MENTAL POWER - increased
MIND - MISTAKES; making
MIND - MISTAKES; making - writing, in
MIND - OCCUPATION - amel.
MIND - PATIENCE
MIND - PESSIMIST
MIND - QUARRELSOME
MIND - QUARRELSOME - family, with her
MIND - QUARRELSOME - family, with her - husband; to
MIND - REMEDIES, homeopathic - aversion to
MIND - RESTLESSNESS
MIND - RESTLESSNESS - bed - in
MIND - RESTLESSNESS - morning
MIND - RESTLESSNESS - night
MIND - RESTLESSNESS - sleep - before
MIND - SADNESS
MIND - SADNESS - gloomy
MIND - SENSITIVE - nature and natural objects, to
MIND - SENSITIVE - noise, to - slightest noise; to the
MIND - SENSITIVE - noise, to - voices, to
MIND - SENSITIVE - odors, to
MIND - SENSITIVE - people; to presence of other
MIND - SENTIMENTAL
MIND - SHRIEKING - sleep, during
MIND - SPACED-OUT feeling
MIND - SPEECH - abrupt
MIND - SPEECH - hasty
MIND - SPEECH - intoxicated, as if
MIND - SPEECH - loud
MIND - SPEECH - sharp
MIND - SPEECH - violent
MIND - SPITTING
MIND - STARING, thoughtless
MIND - STRIKING
MIND - TACITURN
MIND - TENSION, mental
MIND - TRANQUILLITY, serenity, calmness
MIND - TRANQUILLITY, serenity, calmness - reading, while
MIND - WALKING - amel.
MIND - WEEPING
MIND - WEEPING - easily
MIND - WRITING - indistinctly, writes
VERTIGO - LOSS of fluids
VERTIGO - NAUSEA, with
VERTIGO - RISING - stooping; from
VERTIGO - VERTIGO
HEAD - EMPTY, hollow sensation
HEAD - HAIR - falling
HEAD - HEAT - Sides
HEAD - INTOXICATION; as from
HEAD - PAIN - accompanied by - Eye - pain
HEAD - PAIN - aching
HEAD - PAIN - Bones
HEAD - PAIN - burning - Temples
HEAD - PAIN - cold - applications - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - dull pain
HEAD - PAIN - dull pain - Forehead
HEAD - PAIN - dull pain - Forehead - Eyes - Behind
HEAD - PAIN - dull pain - Forehead - Eyes - Over
HEAD - PAIN - dull pain - Forehead - Eyes - Over - right
HEAD - PAIN - dull pain - Temples
HEAD - PAIN - dull pain - Temples - left
HEAD - PAIN - eating - after - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - exertion - body, etc.; of
HEAD - PAIN - extending to - Cervical region
HEAD - PAIN - Forehead, in - extending to - Occiput
HEAD - PAIN - Forehead, in - extending to - Vertex
HEAD - PAIN - Forehead, in - Eyebrow; over - left
HEAD - PAIN - Forehead, in - Eyes - Above - right
HEAD - PAIN - Forehead, in - Eyes - Behind
HEAD - PAIN - hurry
HEAD - PAIN - increasing - suddenly - decreasing - suddenly
HEAD - PAIN - lancinating - Forehead - Eyes; above - left
HEAD - PAIN - lancinating - Temples
HEAD - PAIN - lying - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - menses - after
HEAD - PAIN - motion - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - Occiput - extending to - Forehead
HEAD - PAIN - Occiput - extending to - Forward
HEAD - PAIN - Occiput - extending to - Sides - right
HEAD - PAIN - Occiput - pressure - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - Occiput - rubbing amel.
HEAD - PAIN - odors - strong - from
HEAD - PAIN - pressing
HEAD - PAIN - pressing - band; as from a
HEAD - PAIN - pressing - Temples - extending to - Occiput
HEAD - PAIN - pressing - Vertex
HEAD - PAIN - pressing - Vertex
HEAD - PAIN - pressure, external - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - pressure, external - amel. - hard - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - pulsating
HEAD - PAIN - raising - head
HEAD - PAIN - sea; at the - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - sharp
HEAD - PAIN - sharp - right
HEAD - PAIN - sharp - Vertex
HEAD - PAIN - shooting - Temples - left
HEAD - PAIN - Sides - extending to - Side; from side to
HEAD - PAIN - Sides - right - then left
HEAD - PAIN - stitching - extending to - backwards
HEAD - PAIN - Temples - extending to - Temple to temple
HEAD - PAIN - Temples - pulsating - right side
HEAD - PAIN - Temples - right
HEAD - PAIN - Vertex - extending to - backward
HEAD - PAIN - Vertex - extending to - Temples
HEAD - PAIN - Vertex and Forehead
HEAD - PAIN - walking - amel.
HEAD - PAIN - wandering pains
HEAD - PAIN - weather - changes of; from
HEAD - PAIN - weather - cloudy
HEAD - PAIN - weather - stormy, windy; from
HEAD - PERSPIRATION of scalp
HEAD - PERSPIRATION of scalp - night
EYE - DISCOLORATION - red
EYE - DRYNESS
EYE – HEAVINESS
EYE - IRRITATION
EYE - ITCHING
EYE - ITCHING - Canthi - Outer
EYE - ITCHING - morning
EYE - ITCHING - right
EYE - ITCHING - rubbing - amel.
EYE - LACHRYMATION - right
EYE - PAIN
EYE - PAIN - burning
EYE - PAIN - Eyeball
EYE - PAIN - sand, as from
EYE - PHOTOPHOBIA
EYE - RESTLESS eyes
EYE - TIRED SENSATION
EYE - TWITCHING
EYE - TWITCHING - Eyebrows
EYE - TWITCHING - left
VISION - BLURRED
VISION - FOGGY
EAR - DRYNESS - Lobes
EAR - FULLNESS, sensation of
EAR - HEAT
EAR - HEAT - right
EAR - NOISES in - buzzing
EAR - NOISES in - swallowing, when
EAR - PAIN - Behind the ear
EAR - PAIN - Behind the ear - left
EAR - PAIN - Behind the ear - right
EAR - PAIN - boring
EAR - PAIN - boring - right
EAR - PAIN - intermittent
EAR - PAIN - piercing
EAR - PAIN - pulsating
EAR - PAIN - stitching
EAR - PAIN - stitching - left
EAR - PAIN - stitching - right
EAR - TINGLING
EAR - TINGLING - left
HEARING - ACUTE
HEARING - ACUTE - noises, to
HEARING - ACUTE - noises, to - high-pitched
HEARING - ACUTE - voices and talking - her own - loud; seems very
NOSE - CONGESTION - Nose; to
NOSE - DISCHARGE
NOSE - DISCHARGE - dripping
NOSE - DISCHARGE - greenish
NOSE - DISCHARGE - Posterior nares
NOSE - DISCHARGE - watery
NOSE - OBSTRUCTION
NOSE - OBSTRUCTION - morning - waking, on
NOSE - PAIN - pressing - Sinuses
NOSE - SINUSES; complaints of
NOSE - SMELL - acute
NOSE - SMELL - acute - unpleasant odors
NOSE - SNEEZING
NOSE - SNEEZING - frequent
NOSE - SNEEZING - morning
NOSE - TWITCHING
NOSE - TWITCHING - left side
NOSE - TWITCHING - Root
NOSE - TWITCHING - Root - left side
FACE - CRACKED - Lips
FACE - CRACKED - Lips - Upper
FACE - DRYNESS - Lips
FACE - DRYNESS - Nose
MOUTH - DRYNESS
MOUTH - DRYNESS - night
MOUTH - NUMBNESS - Tongue
MOUTH - PAIN - burning
MOUTH - SALIVA - acrid
MOUTH - SALIVA - burning
MOUTH - SALIVATION - profuse
MOUTH - SWELLING - Gums
MOUTH - TASTE - bitter
MOUTH - TASTE - bitter - sugar tastes
MOUTH - TASTE - insipid - food tastes
MOUTH - TASTE - metallic
MOUTH - TASTE - wanting, tastelessness of food
MOUTH - ULCERS - canker sore
MOUTH - ULCERS - Lips; inside of - canker sore
TEETH - PAIN
TEETH - PAIN - aching
TEETH - PAIN - Molars
TEETH - SENSITIVE, tender
TEETH - SORDES
THROAT - CONSTRICTION
THROAT - DRYNESS
THROAT - DRYNESS - thirst - with
THROAT - DUST in; as if
THROAT - HAWK; disposition to
THROAT - INFLAMMATION
THROAT - PAIN - accompanied by - coryza
THROAT - PAIN - drinking - amel.
THROAT - PAIN - drinks - cold - amel.
THROAT - PAIN - drinks - warm - amel.
THROAT - PAIN - lying - amel.
THROAT - PAIN - rawness
THROAT - PAIN - sore
THROAT - PAIN - sore - accompanied by - coryza
THROAT - SCRATCHING
THROAT - SWALLOW, constant disposition to - saliva; from
THROAT - SWALLOWING - difficult
THROAT - SWELLING - sensation of
THROAT - TICKLING
EXTERNAL THROAT - ERUPTIONS - rash
EXTERNAL THROAT - PAIN
EXTERNAL THROAT - PAIN - Sides - left
EXTERNAL THROAT - PAIN – soreness
EXTERNAL THROAT - PERSPIRATION
EXTERNAL THROAT - PERSPIRATION - night
EXTERNAL THROAT - SWELLING - Cervical Glands
STOMACH - ANXIETY
STOMACH - APPETITE - diminished
STOMACH - APPETITE - increased
STOMACH - APPETITE - wanting
STOMACH - BUBBLING
STOMACH - HEARTBURN
STOMACH - HEARTBURN - eating, after
STOMACH – NAUSEA
STOMACH - NAUSEA - eating - after
STOMACH - NAUSEA - eating - after - amel.
STOMACH - NAUSEA - exercising, from
STOMACH - NAUSEA - sudden
STOMACH - NAUSEA - trembling; with
STOMACH - PAIN - burning
STOMACH - THIRST
STOMACH - THIRSTLESS
STOMACH - TREMBLING
ABDOMEN - CONGESTION
ABDOMEN - EMPTINESS
ABDOMEN - FLATULENCE
ABDOMEN - GURGLING
ABDOMEN - GURGLING - Sides - left
ABDOMEN - ITCHING - Hypogastrium
ABDOMEN - ITCHING - Hypogastrium - scratching - amel.
ABDOMEN - PAIN - cramping, griping - Hypogastrium
RECTUM - CONSTIPATION
RECTUM - FLATUS - offensive - eggs; spoiled
RECTUM - FLATUS - offensive - sour odor
RECTUM - LUMP; sensation of a
RECTUM - PAIN
RECTUM - PAIN - lying - amel.
RECTUM - SPASMS in
STOOL - BALLS, like - small
STOOL - FREQUENT
STOOL - HARD
STOOL - SHEEP dung, like
BLADDER - URINATION - seldom
MALE GENITALIA/SEX - SEXUAL DESIRE – increased
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - COMPLAINTS of female genitalia
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - CONTRACTIONS - Uterus - menses - during
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - HEAT
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - ITCHING
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - LEUKORRHEA
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - LEUKORRHEA - white
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - LEUKORRHEA - white - egg like
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES - copious
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES - early, too
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES - late, too
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - MENSES - late, too - three days
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - PAIN - burning
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - PAIN - cramping - Uterus
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - PULSATING
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - RELAXATION - Vagina; sphincter of
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - SEXUAL DESIRE - diminished
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - SEXUAL DESIRE - increased
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - SEXUAL DESIRE - increased – afternoon
FEMALE GENITALIA/SEX - TINGLING, voluptuous
LARYNX AND TRACHEA
LARYNX AND TRACHEA - VOICE - hoarseness
RESPIRATION - DIFFICULT
RESPIRATION - DIFFICULT - ascending
RESPIRATION - DIFFICULT - inspiration
COUGH - CHOKING
COUGH - COLD - air
COUGH - DRY
COUGH - LYING - bed - agg.
COUGH - MORNING
COUGH - TICKLING - Throat; in
EXPECTORATION - COPIOUS
EXPECTORATION - LUMPY
EXPECTORATION - THICK
EXPECTORATION - YELLOW
CHEST - CONGESTION
CHEST - EMPTINESS, sensation of
CHEST - ERUPTIONS - Mammae
CHEST - FLUTTERING
CHEST - OPPRESSION
CHEST - PAIN
CHEST - PAIN - pressing - Sternum
CHEST - PAIN - rising - on
CHEST - PAIN - sore, bruised - Mammae
CHEST - PAIN - standing - amel.
CHEST - PAIN - stitching - Mammae
CHEST - PAIN - stitching - Mammae - right
CHEST - PAIN - stitching - pressure - from
CHEST - PAIN - stitching - Sides - left
CHEST - PAIN - stitching - Sides - right
CHEST - PALPITATION of heart
CHEST - SWELLING - Mammae
BACK - COLDNESS - extending to - Up the back
BACK - ERUPTIONS - rash
BACK - FORMICATION
BACK - FORMICATION - Dorsal region
BACK - HEAT - Dorsal region
BACK - HEAT - Dorsal region - Scapulae - Between
BACK - PAIN - aching - Lumbar region
BACK - PAIN - aching - Lumbosacral region
BACK - PAIN - bending - forward - agg.
BACK - PAIN - Dorsal region - Scapulae - right
BACK - PAIN - rising - sitting; from
BACK - PAIN - sore - Dorsal region - Scapulae
BACK - PAIN - sore - Dorsal region - Scapulae - left
BACK - PAIN - sore - Dorsal region - Scapulae - right
BACK - PAIN - stitching
BACK - PAIN - stitching - Dorsal region - Scapulae - Between
BACK - PERSPIRATION
BACK - PERSPIRATION - night
BACK - STIFFNESS - Cervical region
BACK - STIFFNESS - Cervical region - extending to - Shoulder
BACK - STIFFNESS - Dorsal region
BACK - STIFFNESS - Lumbosacral region
EXTREMITIES - AWKWARDNESS - Hands - drops things
EXTREMITIES - DISCOLORATION - Knee - redness
EXTREMITIES - DISCOLORATION - redness - blotches
EXTREMITIES - DRYNESS - Foot
EXTREMITIES - ERUPTIONS - Shoulder - rash
EXTREMITIES - FULLNESS - Foot
EXTREMITIES - HEAVINESS
EXTREMITIES - HEAVINESS - Shoulder
EXTREMITIES - HEAVINESS - Upper limbs
EXTREMITIES - ITCHING - Elbow
EXTREMITIES - ITCHING - Foot
EXTREMITIES - ITCHING - Knee
EXTREMITIES - NUMBNESS
EXTREMITIES - NUMBNESS - Fingers
EXTREMITIES - NUMBNESS - Fingers - left
EXTREMITIES - NUMBNESS - Hand
EXTREMITIES - NUMBNESS - Hand - left
EXTREMITIES - NUMBNESS - Thumb
EXTREMITIES - NUMBNESS - Upper limbs
EXTREMITIES - NUMBNESS - Upper limbs - left
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - aching - Lower limbs
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - aching – Shoulder
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - aching - walking - amel.
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - burning - Ankle
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - burning - Foot
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - burning - Knee
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - Foot - Back of
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - right
EXTREMITIES - PAIN - sharp
EXTREMITIES - SWELLING - Ankle
EXTREMITIES - SWELLING - Foot
EXTREMITIES - TINGLING
EXTREMITIES - TINGLING - Lower limbs
EXTREMITIES - TINGLING - Upper limbs
EXTREMITIES - TINGLING - Upper limbs - right
EXTREMITIES - TREMBLING
EXTREMITIES - WEAKNESS
EXTREMITIES - WEAKNESS - Foot
EXTREMITIES - WEAKNESS - Shoulder
EXTREMITIES - WEAKNESS - Upper limbs
SLEEP - DEEP
SLEEP - DISTURBED
SLEEP - FALLING ASLEEP - difficult
SLEEP - REFRESHING
SLEEP - SLEEPINESS - daytime
SLEEP - SLEEPLESSNESS
SLEEP - SLEEPLESSNESS - night - midnight - after - 2 or 3 h - after
SLEEP - SLEEPLESSNESS - night - midnight - after - 2.30 h - after
SLEEP - SLEEPLESSNESS - night - midnight - after - 5 h - until
SLEEP - UNREFRESHING
SLEEP - YAWNING
DREAMS - ACQUAINTANCES
DREAMS - AIRPLANES
DREAMS - AIRPLANES - on an airplane; being
DREAMS - ARMIES
DREAMS - BALLS
DREAMS - BEES
DREAMS - BICYCLE; riding a
DREAMS - BIRDS
DREAMS - BLOOD
DREAMS - BOAT
DREAMS - BOOKS
DREAMS - BRIDGE
DREAMS - BUILDINGS
DREAMS - BUILDINGS - big; seeing
DREAMS - BUILDINGS - neglected
DREAMS - BUILDINGS - ruined
DREAMS - CHILDREN; about
DREAMS - CLIMBING
DREAMS - CLOTHES
DREAMS - CLOTHES - underwear
DREAMS - COITION
DREAMS - COITION - presence of others ; in the
DREAMS - COLORED - red
DREAMS - DANCING
DREAMS - DANGER
DREAMS - DARKNESS
DREAMS - DISEASE
DREAMS - DREAMING, of
DREAMS - DRIVING - car; a
DREAMS - EATING
DREAMS - EVIL; of - impending
DREAMS - FIELDS
DREAMS - FIRE
DREAMS - FISH
DREAMS - FISHING
DREAMS - FLOWERS
DREAMS - FLYING
DREAMS - FLYING - airplane
DREAMS - FOOD
DREAMS - FRIENDS
DREAMS - FRIENDS - meeting friends
DREAMS - FRIENDS - old
DREAMS - FRIENDS - seeing friends
DREAMS - FRIGHTFUL
DREAMS - GRANDPARENTS; of
DREAMS - GUNS
DREAMS - HELPING - people
DREAMS - HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES
DREAMS - HOSPITALS
DREAMS - HOUSE
DREAMS - HOUSE - old
DREAMS - HUMILIATION
DREAMS - ICE
DREAMS - IMPRISONMENT
DREAMS - INFECTION; of an
DREAMS - JOURNEYS
DREAMS - JUMPING
DREAMS - KILLING
DREAMS - LAUGHING
DREAMS - LIGHT; of
DREAMS - LOST; being
DREAMS - MOON
DREAMS - MORTIFICATION, GRIEF etc.
DREAMS - MOTORCYCLES
DREAMS - MURDER
DREAMS - MUSIC
DREAMS - NOISE
DREAMS - NUMBERS; of
DREAMS - ORGANIZING
DREAMS - PARTIES
DREAMS - PEOPLE
DREAMS - PEOPLE - crowds of
DREAMS - PEOPLE - influential persons
DREAMS - PEOPLE - old
DREAMS - PEOPLE - seen for years; people not
DREAMS - PERFORMING
DREAMS - PIANO - playing piano
DREAMS - PLAYING
DREAMS - PLEASANT
DREAMS - POISONED, being
DREAMS - PURSUED, being
DREAMS - QUARRELS
DREAMS - RAIN
DREAMS - RESTAURANT
DREAMS - RIDING - carriage; in a
DREAMS - RUNNING
DREAMS - SCHOOL
DREAMS - SEA
DREAMS - SEXUAL
DREAMS - SHAMEFUL
DREAMS - SHOOTING
DREAMS - SHOPPING
DREAMS - SHRIEKING
DREAMS - SICK PEOPLE
DREAMS - SKINNED; people being
DREAMS - SNOW
DREAMS - STUNG by an insect, being
DREAMS - SWIMMING
DREAMS - TEACHER - spiritual; of a
DREAMS - THEFT
DREAMS - TREES
DREAMS - TUNNEL
DREAMS - UNDERGROUND
DREAMS - UNSUCCESSFUL EFFORTS - shriek; to
DREAMS - VEHICLES
DREAMS - WATER
DREAMS - WATER - leaking
DREAMS - WATER - running
DREAMS - WEDDING
DREAMS - WINDOW
CHILL – EVENING
CHILL - ICY COLDNESS of the body
PERSPIRATION - NIGHT
PERSPIRATION - SLEEP - during
SKIN - DRY
SKIN - ERUPTIONS - rash
SKIN - ITCHING
GENERALS - BENDING, turning - forward - agg.
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - bread - desire
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - chocolate - desire
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - fat - desire
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - lemonade - desire
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - melons - desire
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - oranges - desire - orange juice
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - salad - desire
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - salt - desire
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - spices - agg.
GENERALS - FOOD and DRINKS - sugar - desire
GENERALS - HEAT - flushes of
GENERALS - HEAT - lack of vital heat
GENERALS - HEAT - sensation of
GENERALS - OBESITY
GENERALS - PAIN - aching
GENERALS - PAIN - right side of body
GENERALS - PAIN - stitching
GENERALS - RESTLESSNESS
GENERALS - SLEEP - after sleep - afternoon - agg.
GENERALS - SLEEP - after sleep - morning on waking agg.
GENERALS - STIFFNESS
GENERALS - STRENGTH, sensation of
GENERALS - SUN - exposure to the sun
GENERALS - TINGLING
GENERALS - TREMBLING - Internally
GENERALS - VIBRATION, fluttering, etc.
GENERALS - WALKING - amel.
GENERALS - WALKING - desire for
GENERALS - WEAKNESS
GENERALS - WEAKNESS - accompanied by - nausea
GENERALS - WEAKNESS - exertion - amel.
GENERALS - WEAKNESS - hunger, from
GENERALS - WEAKNESS - morning
GENERALS - WEAKNESS - vertigo, with
GENERALS - WEAKNESS - waking - on
GENERALS - WEARINESS
GENERALS - WEATHER - change of weather - agg.
Provings are a complex process, and besides being an incredible learning experience, also quite a bit of work. When we read about provings we are usually interested in the number of provers. The number of provers is really only half the story. In the end counting every person involved, including supervisors and people working on the material, the number of participants doubles. The Amethyst proving originally had 42 provers, everyone had a supervisor, and several people were working on the material. All in all about 90 people were involved in this proving. Isn’t it fascinating how much
awareness, focus and dedication so many people can share when they are unified in the pursuit of creating a new medicine?
I would like to express my heart-felt gratitude to everyone who was involved in this inspiring process of proving Amethyst. I would also like to thank provers and supervisors alike for their patience and understanding – some have waited five years to find out what was proven. Barbara Seideneck CHom, CCH, RSHom (NA)
Barbara Seideneck CHom, CCH, RSHom (NA) is a German homeopath with her private practice in Boulder, CO. She is the founder and director of the Homeopathy School of Colorado (formerly: Colorado Institute for Classical Homeopathy founded in 1991). Barbara has conducted provings of Amethyst, Aquilegia vulgaris (Columbine – the Colorado state flower), Ayahuasca (Magic vine) and Emerald. She is an instructor at the school and provides case supervision for individuals and in small groups. Barbara spends her free time outdoors enjoying the beauty of the Rocky Mountains.
Barbara@homeopathyschool.org Jim Gregorich, CHom practices in Boulder, CO where he lives with his wife and two children. Jim left the corporate jungle several years ago to pursue a career in homeopathy and is a graduate of the
Colorado Institute for Classical Homeopathy and the Dynamis School. JPGregorich@aol.com
Amy E. Lockwood, MS, CHom practices in Fort Collins, CO. She also assists with student coordination and marketing at the Homeopathy School of Colorado. email@example.com
Bryant, P. 1984. Crystals and Their Use, A Study of At-one-ment with the Mineral Kingdom.
Santa Fe, NM: Sun Books.
Elsbeth, M. 1997. Crystal Medicine. St Paul, Minnesota: Llewellyn Publications.
Graf, B. 2001. Gems, The World’s Greatest Treasures and Their Stories. Munich, London: Prestel.
Grienger, M. 1998. Crystal Power, Crystal Healing: The Complete Handbook. London: Blandford
Gubelin, E. and F. Erni. 2000. Gemstones, Symbols of Beauty and Power. Tucson: GeosciencePress.
Isaacs, T. 1982. Gemstones, Crystals and Healing. Black Mountain, NC: Lorien House.
Jones, W. and B. Jones 1996. The Magic of Crystals. New York: HarperCollins Publishers.
Lilly, S. 2001. Crystal Healing: Using the Power of Crystals for Health and Harmony. London: Southwater.
Melody. 1997. Love Is in the Earth—A Kaleidoscope of Crystals. Wheat Ridge, CO: Earthlove Publishing House.
Quick, L. 1963. The Book of Agates and Other Quartz Gems. Philadelphia: Chilton Books.
Sofianides, A.S. and G.E. Harlow. 1990. Gems & Crystals from the American Museum of Natural History. New York: Simon and Schuster.
Stein, D. 1993. The Women’s Book of Healing. St. Paul, Minnesota: Llewellyn Publications.
Whitmont, E. 1982. Return of the Goddess. New York: Crossroad.